Rustic elegant styled shoot, and how I would choose a Wedding Photographer.


I regularly attend workshops and training days, as a Wedding photographer, I like to keep myself inspired and I love to learn new things.
So I found a wonderful workshop run by some photographers whose work I really love.
The Flourish Workshop at Sanctum on the Green is such a wonderful indulgence if you are a lady photographer like me.

I have attended the workshop three times now, the last time I went for just the styled shoot element, the reason for that was that my daughter, Charlotte, was modelling for it along with her boyfriend.  Charlotte jumped at the chance to have her hair and make up professionally done and to wear a Wedding dress for a day. My Wedding obsessed girl couldn't have been happier (dream come true!)
Elements of nature were used in the table setting, and the dramatic use of material in a tree created the perfect couples photoshoot backdrop.

I loved how Chantelle from Twiggy Thistle added a flash of colour in the ribbon trailing from the bouquet matched Charlottes' hair.
The use of dried flowers and foliage in the bouquet was inspired! Totally different, modern yet in keeping with the rustic country theme.

This was such a unique and odd opportunity for me, to photograph my daughter in a Wedding gown! On her actual Wedding I won't be taking any photos, I will want to relax and enjoy one of the most important days of our lives.  I will very carefully choose her photographer, I won't ask one of my photographer friends as I will want them to be part of the day too, but I will choose someone who will fit in with her day and who we feel comfortable with.  It may be that we will use one of the Flourish ladies, Kate Grey, Hannah McClune and Kelly Green are such lovely ladies and their work is incredible.
I'm in a great position for choosing a photographer, my daughter and I have the same tastes and we already know some great photographers, we know their work already so it's all down to personalities. Cost won't come into it, what will be, will be, I just want some really great photos, naturally posed with someone who we will love forever after the Big day.
 I will want someone who feels like family on the day, someone calm and laid back but will be able to heard us around for the group shots.
Choosing a photographer, for me is a bit like when you meet your other half, when you know.... you know, you know?

Anyway, have a look at the photos, you may get some inspiration if you are a bit of an alternative bride, perhaps you are planning an outdoors Wedding with a rustic theme?

Workshop: The Flourish Retreat
Florals: Twiggy Thistle
Cake: Melissa Woodland Cakes
Makeup: Flutterby Pro Beauty
Event Styling: The White Emporium
Bow Tie: Anna Jayne Designs
Workshop Gifts: Molly and Tom
Stationary: Loupaper
Styling vinyl backdrops: CBL Backdrops
Photography: Me!













































































Comments